Who We Are
The College of Kinesiologists of Ontario is the body that regulates kinesiologists in Ontario. The College receives its authority from the Kinesiology Act, 2007 and the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991. It is not a school, and it exists to protect the public.
The College is governed by a Council, similar to a board of directors. Council is made up of kinesiologists elected by their peers, and members of the public appointed by the Ontario government. Council sets the College’s strategic direction and develops policies and standards to ensure the College is meeting its mandate to protect the public.
The College achieves its mandate by:
- setting requirements for entry to the profession so that only qualified individuals can practise.
- maintaining on its website a list of individuals qualified to practise kinesiology.
- developing rules and guidelines for kinesiologists' practice and conduct, including a code of ethics.
- investigating complaints about kinesiologists’ practice and disciplining when necessary.
- requiring kinesiologists to participate in a quality assurance program to ensure they maintain current knowledge and skills.
Vision- A healthier Ontario through excellent kinesiology practice.
Mission- To protect the public through governing and ensuring excellent professional practice of kinesiologists in Ontario.
Values- The College of Kinesiologists of Ontario holds honesty and integrity as its guiding principles. The College is committed to operating in a fair and open manner and treating its staff, members, the public and stakeholders with respect and dignity.