Once you have passed the Entry-to-Practice Examination, you can take the following steps to complete your registration with the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario.
Contact the College
- Once you have received notice that you passed the Entry-to-Practice Examination, you must complete your registration within one year to avoid being referred to the Panel of Registration Committee. If you wish to register after 1 year of passing the examination, your application will be referred to a Panel of the Registration Committee for review on whether you are current in your knowledge, skills and judgment, which supports the delivery of safe and ethical kinesiology services to the public.
- When you are ready to begin the registration process, email email@example.com with the subject line “Becoming Registered”.
- Once your registration has been initiated, you will receive an email within 5 business days from the College confirming your approval for registration. You will be expected to pay the registration fee in order to complete your registration.
Pay the Registration Fee
- Go to www.coko.ca
- Go to Registered Kinesiologists and select Registration
- Select My Account and log in
- Click on Make Payment
- Enter your credit card information to process your payment
Finalizing your Registration
- Once the College has received your payment, you will become officially registered and your name will appear on the Public Register. You will also be emailed the College’s welcome package detailing the expectations of a Registered Kinesiologist.
Professional Liability Insurance
Provide us a copy of your professional liability insurance at the time of registration or sign an undertaking stating that you will provide professional liability insurance within 30 days of being registered. You must provide the College with a copy of your professional liability insurance. Here are some options where you can get your professional liability insurance:
- Professional associations
- Most insurance companies
- Employer, if applicable
Ensure your contact information is up to date
- The College will mail you your certificate of registration within 16 to 18 weeks of receiving your registration fee. Please make sure that your mailing address is up-to-date. You can change your contact information by logging into your account or by emailing the College your updated address and we will change it for you. To request a change contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to do so will result in a delay in receiving your certificate.